Sam Hill of LaBelle (AT-34 #14) with a nice catch
Your American Tug has taken you to a great destination, the road less traveled where crab are in abundance. Now you need to cook them up... Cooking crab is a bit stinky, and you caught a mess of them. You need the Woodland Power Burner! It is a really nice all stainless folding cooker. Very high output at 65,000 btu's. And just like your American Tug it is built here. In fact it is built in Woodinville, WA. I am very impressed.
All stainless construction
Folds away for easy storage and has a nice case
I like to use a little "Old Bay" seasoning with my crab. Be sure to bring the water to a full boil, then add the crab. Cook them for 18-minutes. Cool the crab with fresh water. Cook crab in salt water for best flavor, use sea-water or add 1-cup rock salt per couple of gallons. I also hear that you can steam them and use less water. I have not tried that technique yet.
Note that I used a piece of plywood under the stove to dissipate the heat and not damage the fiberglass cockpit.
Note that I used a piece of plywood under the stove to dissipate the heat and not damage the fiberglass cockpit.
Fisheries Supply in Seattle and LFS in Bellingham carry the Woodland Power Burner. About $130.



